Altro LLP attorneys regularly advise on corporate and business law and related tax consequences on a comprehensive basis in both the domestic (Canadian) context as well as in the cross-border context.
Our services include advice in the following areas:
- Domestic and cross-border reorganizations to maximize tax efficiencies
- Estate freezes in domestic context and when the structure contains a cross-border component (US citizen owner, US operations, etc.)
- Purchase and sale of a business and other M&A transactions in both the domestic and cross-border context
- Implementing cross-border structures for business expansion, real estate ownership or other activities either into the US from Canada or from the US into Canada
- Cross-border joint ventures where investor structures are tailored for optimization in both Canada and the US
- Tax efficient financings for cross-border operations
Corporate tax laws in Canada and the US are complex on their own. Altro LLP prides itself in assisting clients to navigate laws in all applicable jurisdictions, providing clients with advice that maximizes their after-tax returns on investment.